#IBM #Watson and #FacialRecognition
Posted on November 16th, 2015
11/16/2015 @Wework, 69 Charlton St, NY
Before the main presentation, Roberto Valenti @Sightcorp talked about his company’s development of face analysis technology. The technology can extract information from up to 50 faces simultaneously including age, gender, mood – facial expression, ethnicity, attention
Future applications could include: home automation, gaming (map to avatar, or use as input), medical, interactive ads in a public spaces.
In the main presentation, Michael Karasick @ IBMWatson talked about the applications and APIs currently offered by Watson:
- Personality API which correlates word usage in one’s writing with the author’s personality.
- Analyze tone of works (email) to target a demographic.
- Respond to questions over the phone
- Control emotional expressions for Pepper, a robot from Softbank
- Vision diagnosis of melanoma
- Chef Watson interprets recipes incorporating your food preferences
- Watson Stories summarizes stories using natural language analysis. Currently it is being refined using supervised learning under the guidance of an internal team at Watson: System receives feedback on the tone, etc.